Wednesday, September 30, 2015

How to write blog post to increase loading speed of a blog?

How do you usually write a blog post in your blog? Do I sound insanely irksome? Because I am asking something that is a basic which every blogger knows of. But wait a minute. You too must be missing something in it which I too have missed in my first blogging days.

                  
When I didn’t know much about blogging, the way I write a blog post used to be quite an easy one. But never knew it was unprofessional too.
   
I used to first open my blog, click on create new post button, write an article and then click on Publish Button when it’s done. 

Sometimes I used to open MS Word, write an article in it, open my blog, copy-paste the article from MS Word and then click on Publish Button. 

But it was much later I knew it was totally unprofessional.  When I directly wrote an article in blog, I was so naïve in knowing the monetary value of internet connectivity. We know how much time will be needed just to finalize one post draft.  So you can imagine how much money I must have wasted even in drafting a post. 


When I do so in MS Word and then publish directly by means of copy-paste from there, I also didn’t know how much unwanted codes will be unseeingly going with the post article. This had really reduced loading speed of my blog – according to web design experts. 

If you don’t believe me, try this once in your blog. Indeed you’ll be surprised. And I bet you’ll totally hate it.  

But you don’t have to worry about it. I have realized this mistake long before you stumble in this trench. I will guide you in writing a blog post in such a way that the money you have to pay for your internet connection will be reduced as much as loading speed of your blog will be improved.

If you can write post exceptionally faster, you may directly write in your blog and then publish them. There is no point in preparing post draft in other platforms just to save your internet data expenses. But it’s very much unlikely that any blogger would do it – even one who can write post very fast. Some time will be required to do proof-reading. 
  1. Open MS Word 
  2. Write blog post 
  3. Copy (Ctrl+C) 
  4. Open MS Wordpad 
  5. Paste (Ctrl+V) 
  6. Select All (Ctrl+A) 
  7. Copy (Ctrl+C) 
  8. Login to Blogger 
  9. Select your blog 
  10. Click on Create New Post
  11. Paste (Ctrl+V) 
  12. Click on Publish
But before clicking on publish button, you may have to do text realignments, change font colors, font styles or add images/thumbnails according to your preferences. 

You must have noticed. We are actually doing copy-paste thing twice in above; 1) from MS Word to MS WordPad and 2) from MS WordPad to Blogger. 


Copy-pasting blog post from MS Wordpad is to remove the unwanted codes which will go along should the post be copy-pasted from MS Word directly. Their presence will reduce loading speed of a blog. Removal of them will improve it. And not all readers will have patience to wait. 

Therefore, we should write blog post in such a way that loading speed of our blogs isn’t reduced.  This is one of the recommendations for it.

2 comments:

  1. Oh thank you for the nice tip. I'll try it out for my next posts. I didn't know about the unnecessary codes getting pasted from MS Word and decreasing the loading speed.
    Keep sharing your knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah you're right. To see how much unwanted codes get pasted, copy from MS word>paste in blog's compose frame>now click on HTML option. There you can see your main article being crammed by those codes. So try this tip when you write a new post.

    ReplyDelete

Read our comment Policy to know your rights & responsibilities before actually leaving a comment for this article.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...