Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Google Analytics+Google Webmaster to study Blog's Health

Do you really know how is the health of your blog? Or just like any other millions of scratch bloggers out there, you don't care of it and just keep on feeding it with more and more number of posts. Because some bloggers said 'content is the king'. Admit it. I too was like that for the last few months after creating my blog. I actually fed it like a pig without trying to analyze whether it likes what I feed or my feeds contain balanced diets to make my blog healthy.


But now I could realize that is quite wrong. I have heard distorted advice. I have been just writing post after post and then publishing them just to create more contents. It was crazy. There was a time I used to post three articles a day. Content may be king but there are now other things that can equal to emperors.

When I was lost in creating and more contents, I have completely forgotten to do other things; things that would otherwise per-post views and improve the overall traffic of my blog. I almost gave up. None of my blog post crossed 100 views. And when overall views is being divided by number of posts, it was coming lesser than 50. That was very disheartening. 

I don't know what will be the cost of my ignorance. The overall pageviews of my blog would be way higher by now had I realized it before. I have paid my price-and that is traffic lost.

I don't want you to fall in same trench. I want to guide you through in how to analyze the health of your blog, how to feed it, how to add other tools, how to do other things that are basic yet more important than just content creation. 

You know that you have to be active in social media to succeed in blogging. These days Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram are torch bearers. You have to create an account or page in them and try building community around your blog. You can create Facebook page and also Google+ Community. They will reduce the need of extensive content marketing. 

They are strategies to build audience for your blog. And can you imagine the number of each post will be viewed if you don't have account in either of those social media?

This is just on content marketing part. Hope I am not getting deviated from the topic. Now we have to concentrate on studying the health of our blogs. There are many tools for this. Google Analytics helps us to see number of visitors country wise, browser wise and also shows bounce rate. It will help us in coming up with post that are searched maximum in our targeted customers' countries. 

It will help us to implement various strategies to reduce bounce rate and make our blogs more sticky. And if you haven't joined Google Analytics, I am sorry to say that you have left out one of the important weapons required in the battle to succeed in blogging. 

But don't worry. You can join now-better late than never. You can add your blog in there and start analyzing your blog's health. You'll be surprised to see how your blog traffic will be improved after using it sincerely. Click Here to join Google Analytics.

This is just one weapon. There is another weapon. We call it Google Webmaster or Search Console.

Google Analytics gives geographical information of your visitors, bounce rate and also visitors categorized by the browsers they used to open your blog. That's not enough for us - we are hungry bloggers. We want to know more. We also want to know queries and keywords searched in our blog, we want to submit our blogs' sitemaps and instruct Google as how to crawl through our blog contents, and also to know number of links our blogs have receive. 

When Google Analytics doesn't offer them, Google Webmaster comes in the picture. Click Here to sign up in Google Webmaster and use all the tools it has to offer in driving more and more traffics to our blogs. In Google Webmaster, we can see: 
  • search pattern reports
  • traffic pattern reports
  • links report
  • crawl reports
  • queries/keywords reports
  • security issues report
  • Google Index reports
  • add sitemap
We can do many more in Google Webmaster. In short, it gives tools and strategies to make our websites/blogs Google friendly. Google also provides free course called as Webmaster Academy. 

You can check the health of your blog using Pingdom and Sarvy SEO Tool
 
Hope this helps you in analyzing health of your blog. I am sure that it will help you in changing the ways how you blog to reach your targeted customers. Please remain in the loop. I will bring more tutorials in this - analyzing health of a blog to make Google friendly. 

2 comments:

  1. wow, this is another great and useful post. I think I should try this out for my blog. Thank u for sharing this great idea with us...I also have been quite disappointed with the volume of traffic my blog gets everyday. I only have a FB page and Twitter to sell my blog contents as of now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be good for your blog if you go ahead as soon as possible. Have a nice day ahead bro. Takecare.

    ReplyDelete

Read our comment Policy to know your rights & responsibilities before actually leaving a comment for this article.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...