Thursday, October 1, 2015

Monu Tamang's Chronicle of a Love Foretold Coming Soon

Monu Tamang, author of The Joy of Beautiful Dreams will be bringing yet another book titled Chronicle of a Love Foretold. If you’re a blogger and follower of his blog, by now you must have waited for quite a while to see his book in the market. He had shared quite a number of posts about writing his second book. 

                
He was at Damphu High School when he wrote the first book. But when he wrote the second one, he was at Navodaya College of Physiotherapy, India. If you have read the first book and then made up your mind not to leave even his second book unread, then by the time you turn the last page of the second book, you can tell many differences between the two. Just a hint, look at their titles. 
           

         
I think Chronicle of a Love Foretold will be mostly about love; a love that has fatedly travelled through moments of both successes and failures. I can relate this with a post Monu Tamang himself has written on Happy Valentine’s Day dedicating to his then girlfriend Tshering Choden.

It is a second Valentine’s Day we are celebrating. The ride through the road of relationship was rough and smooth, high and low with blend of happiness and sadness, shades of tears and smiles. But it was a marvellous journey…
The plots of his story can be traced from above statement. He must have written few chapters on how he first met Tshering Choden, how he felt for her and then how he proposed her. In second part, readers may be taken to some eastern Bhutan via Bumthang as they tour the country and celebrate their togetherness. I remember Tashi Gyem (on Monu Tamang’s request) writing a post about geographical beauty of Bumthang valley as would be seen by a person visiting the place for the first time. We can expect snippet of her post embedded in the book too.

The climax of the story may be just around the message Monu Tamang has left in his blog post Gone Girl when their love reached to a stage where it became unsuccessful and Tshering Choden has decided to move away.
I was always afraid of your speed. I was always reluctant to take those fast steps but I didn’t back up when you said, you are my choice. I love you and it is forever. That wasn’t said a century ago. But as much as I never argued with your decision, here too, I respect your decision – strongly...
and
There used to be a time when only death departs two souls. But I wasn’t aware that faithlessness and lack of commitment also departs…..
We felt the aloofness of his emotions while reading his blog. We can expect the similar thing in the climax of the story Chronicle of a Love Foretold.         

But we can never say that Monu Tamang’s gone girl has returned to his life or not like in English Movie that shares somewhat same title. If Tshering hasn’t returned, we can assume Monu Tamang has gone through what he said in the same post and end the story Chronicle of a Love Foretold.
And honestly, I am happy because I got this never known freedom from insecurity, captivation and guilt. It may be difficult for a while to walk ahead but don’t worry, I can walk because my path is still clear and bright….
This is just a predication about Chronicle of a Love Foretold based on some posts author himself had shared in the blog – it may or may not turn out to be true. What I think may be entirely different. 

However, we can expect a good story because we are talking about a book written by him in college days who even didn’t let many readers down in his first book that was written during high school days.
   
So remain ready to grab a copy. We were already told that it will be soon in the market. But for now, since it has not yet come, let us wish him all the luck…

I didn't withhold the name of his then girlfriend. It was already being shared by him in his various blog posts.  

6 comments:

  1. You have aroused an overwhelming curiosity in me now...And going by few of the statements, it sounds to be worth-reading. I can't wait long to have that book read....Anyway I wish him good luck for his new stride. and thank you too for sharing us the information....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ugyen,
    I am quite sure that his second book is also much awaited book for you too. I am telling this due to a mere fact that you also maintains a blog and probably followed his blog and read numerous posts about it. I am also equally curious. It's like I too can't wait any longer to have his book read. Takecare

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be honest, you have sumptuously captured our mind. That now, I feel like being the first person to grab a copy of this book. To be honest, I read the first few drafts of the book, but I don't know what is in the final book, and I am just awestruck with your predictions and analysis. So here I predict that this book would definitely set a new level of literature standard in Bhutan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Riku,
    You're indeed lucky in having got a chance to read its drafts. This means I can at least trust your words and say that my prediction must be somewhat close to what is in the book or at least to what was there in its first few drafts. Thanks for your compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yalama Sherab,
    You nailed it! A very beautiful narration… I was taken in the heaven by your post… It’s wonderful!
    He is already working with his third book... I want to grab a copy too... You know, the book written by a known author makes my read to flow nonstop… Write more books friends, so I may improve my reading habit Lolx :P :P hehe … Young, enthusiast and promising author #Monu bro. Good luck!

    P.S: We share brother-sisterhood relationship since 2009, a year Jr. to me .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Monu has started working with his third book? wow, we can't wait to see a line of books flowing from him. I am sure his writings will surely change the mentality of Bhutanese for reading, writing and literature altogether.

    ReplyDelete

Read our comment Policy to know your rights & responsibilities before actually leaving a comment for this article.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...