Thursday, December 3, 2015

The reasons why I exported my WordPress blog to Blogspot

I used to maintain a blog at WordPress before I came to realize there are many more other blogging platforms in this world that are equally free. But I am not talking about self-hosted WordPress. I tried my level best to remain gripped there. 
 

But as I adjusted my eyes and kept on trying other platforms, I found WordPress less suitable for me. 

Though I have imported my WordPress blog long before and it has been quite some time blogging in this platform, I still miss some of the following features of WordPress:
  1. Good Themes
  2. Nice fonts
  3. Professional widgets
Yeah, I still miss them. 

However, I made up my mind to first import and then permanently delete my WordPress blog. Some of the features that may be helpful though, proved little off-track and annoying for me. 
  1. I was not given freedom to customize my themes and other ancillary things as much as blogspot gives. 
  2. I was asked to make payment even for using third party themes in my blog. 
  3. I was not allowed to use third party themes no matter how crazily I loved them to have in my blog.
  4. I saw unwanted ads being displayed in my blog. I wasn't asked whether to allow them to be displayed or not. 
  5. I found doing allow-able customization very difficult. I wasn't technology savvy.
  6. I found most of the bloggers I know were having blogs at blogger and only very few in WordPress.
  7. I found that blog dash board in WordPress isn't as much user friendly as that of blogspot.
  8. I found no matter how much traffic my blog can bring, I cannot sign-up for Google Adsense and started displaying ads to make money.
Therefore, I have left the WordPress and never thought of opening another one there. 

Read: The most popular advantages of maintaining a blog at blogspot.com

But to remind again, I am not talking about self-hosted WordPress. I have never experienced in there. I am too poor to have self-hosted WordPress blog. 

No comments:

Read our comment Policy to know your rights & responsibilities before actually leaving a comment for this article.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...