Thursday, December 24, 2015

Common pros and cons of using Dynamic Blogger Templates

Dynamic blogger templates are excellent in their appearances and the style in which all our blog posts get displayed. It would be much better should they support all gadgets just like any other blogger templates.


But the truth is bitter. Dynamic blogger templates support only few countable gadgets. They are:
  • Profile
  • Blog Archive
  • Link List
  • Labels
  • Followers
  • Email subscription
But we want a template that are better and also that supports important gadgets to provide necessary navigational links across our blogs. Important gadgets, I mean following:
  • Recent Posts
  • Related Posts
  • Popular Posts
  • Featured Posts
  • Pages
  • Recent Comments
  • Footer Attribution
It's fine when other gadgets aren't supported. But I am totally sad with the fact that dynamic templates not supporting pages and related posts gadgets. They are something that contribute maximum in making any blog more sticky and readers remaining for maximum time reading the blog. 


If we are to go little farther, dynamic blogger templates don't support other third party gadgets like:
  • Disqus commenting system
  • LinkWithin
  • Facebook Like Box
We should forget about third party gadgets when they even don't support blogger's own gadgets.


During the course of blogging, all the limitations I came across in dynamic blogger templates are:
  • No support for all Gadgets
  • No ease of editing HTMLs
  • No drop-down menu
  • No right to change number of posts display in homepage
  • No right to add favicon or LOGO
  • No good support for header banner
  • No support for all social media share buttons
However, I am coolly using dynamic blogger template in blog. Why? I have my own reasons:
  • Loads faster
  • I am a non-profit blogger
  • It's fine without many sidebar gadgets for me
  • Style in which posts are displayed is attractive
I will use it until I use some monetization methods and think of making money out of my blog. But I haven't thought of that. And moreover traffic my blog receives is very low. 


Therefore, you can make your decision whether to use dynamic blogger templates or not. One sentence: It's not suitable for pro bloggers.

No comments:

Read our comment Policy to know your rights & responsibilities before actually leaving a comment for this article.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...