Friday, October 23, 2015

IBB 03: Interview with a candid blogger Rupa from Trongsa

My program Interview Bhutanese Bloggers (IBB) is going well. I have introduced two seasoned bloggers from Bhutan, Riku Dhan Subba from Riku Dhan Subba's Blog and Amrith Bdr Subba from Amrith Bdr Subba's Diary. Done with two Subba bloggers, hope beginners found some reasons to remain in blogging sharing your inner selves.

                         
Now, away from Thimphu, I have Rupa Gurung from Trongsa who blogs at Colour your Life with Crayons. She is a casual yet very candid blogger. You will realize how frank she is while reading her blog or even her responses for my questions. Let us check it out.

1. Welcome to my Interview, Rupa Gurung. It is always happy to know more about fellow-bloggers.
Thank you Sherab! Nice to meet you and so glad to be interviewed. I do more of listening than talking, but today let me take a turn to speak. I am more vocal on online platforms than live meet ups. I was sharing to one of my friends, saying that I got an appointment with you. He abruptly said raising his eye brow, why not I suggest you to ask about the personal lives so that your post will attract more readers. 


2. Please introduce yourself in the best interest of my readers.
I did B.Ed from Paro College of education in 2013. I am a teacher of Samcholing Middle Secondary School which is probably 33KM away from the heart of Trongsa town. I follow my heart, believe in myself and god. I love football, chocolates; adventures, nature beauty and blogging. Unlike today, 5 years ago I used to be simple and quiet girl. It was a drastic change in my personality. Being the only daughter to my parents who are farmers, you can imagine how determined I should be to help and guide my siblings.


3. When was the first time you heard about blogging? Did you start your blog as soon as you heard about blogging?
When I first joined college, we were asked to create a Gmail account by our tutor. He then introduced to blog on 22nd of March 2010. We were asked to write first impression about Paro College. I found that burdensome and I left untouched after that. In 2012, I went for teaching practices. There I was all alone. Loneliness drove me crazy to watch more and more movies. Out of many ‘One Litre Of Tears’ really touched my heart and inspired me to scribble more in my diary. When I was back to college, I saw a blog of Pema Rabsel, junior friend of mine, being shared on Facebook. I opened it and found interesting. I was inspired and from there only I actually started blogging. Though I lost its content sometimes later, I again built up and continued blogging. 


4. What was the main motive when you first started your blog? Has the motive remained same all along your blogging journey?
My main motive was just to scribble whatever comes in my mind and just to write about me, my feelings about surroundings, families, relatives, activities. I never wanted to pressurize my brain. And my motive remained same all the time. I am never a serious blogger. Sometimes, I wanted to write about politics and issues but I say NO to myself. Your blog is not for debating or for such issues. 


5. When was the last time you had very special moment solely because of your blog?
I have many special moments because of my blog. But the most special one was when I last met Rima (Singaporean blogger) and Ugyen Gyeltshen, blogger who authored the book Dear Seday.


6. Bhutanese bloggers are mostly opinion-oriented bloggers. Do you think this is good in our society?
Well yes this will bring changes in our society. Through their opinions we will be able to know more about that person. We have right to state our feelings. I feel Passu Diary, is always straight forward, Pen Star always with plans, Pig Intestine with hilarious stories, Riku Dhan Subba’s Blog with Nature beauty and issues, ‘i Relate To That’ with wonderful English structure, Sonam Tenzins Blog expresses his feelings through poems, and your blog with blogging tips. I think opinion-oriented blogging is good.


7. If you happen to love someone who is also a blogger, what will be your strategy to make that person know about your feelings?
Alawai…. I don’t know how to answer this question now. I think I will keep on writing down my feelings until he realizes what I write is what I mean for him. He may not know what I write still. So I will share on social networks and keep on tagging him until he leaves a comment on my post haha. Touching my heart, breathing long, but this is not going to happen. I am already dating.


8. If you can go back to the time you created your blog, what would be the one thing that you’ll do with your blog that is different from what you have done when you started it?
Alawai… this is the most difficult question in your interview. It’s impossible to go back but if I was given this chance then I will be creating LABELS for all my post. Today, though I receive minimum of 100 views for every post but the gross page views still remain at the minimal level. Is that because I didn’t create labels? 


9. Do you see any scope for professional blogging and making income out of blogs in Bhutan?
Since blogging is very youthful in Bhutan. I think this will take time. In future we see bloggers who will earn out of blogs. And to happen that, I think we have to wait. Per capita internet connectivity is still low in our country. 


10. A sentence from your heart for Bhutanese you haven’t opened a blog but are capable of opening one.
Blogging is fun. Do something meaningful with your life.

Final Words
Rupa Gurung, thank you very much for your time and most importantly for your stories and experiences of blogging. Readers, if you want to remain connected with Rupa, follow her in Facebook and Blog - Colour your Life with Crayons
 

4 comments:

  1. It's a great pleasure getting to know a lot about Rupa and her blog. I had bumped into the blog "Color your life with crayons" before but I had not known that it was hers until now. Thank u for this interesting interview. I wish both of u good luck in your blogging journey. Keep writing and keep inspiring your readers like me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alawai... Great interview Rupa! I'm glad you were interviewed here and keep writing la! Love, Rima :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much la Sherab, for taking the time to speak with me, about my blogging journey. It was a pleasure talking with you, and I truly enjoyed sharing about my blabla blog.
    After our conversation, I feel very happy and I am very enthusiastic about blogging now :P... I am glad that you published it as one of a post in a superb blog... Greatly appreciated your follow-up hehe...:P This is an frictionless inspiration for me. Thanks again, and I hope to know more about fellow BBloggers through your interview.
    Buddha Bless You 

    P.S: Well Rima Dear, alawai haha thank you lah… loads of love to u too … Have fun as always
    Bro Amrith, thank you so much for blessing me and for your kind words. It means a lot…
    Stay Blessed :)
    God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hullo! Sis Rupa...congrates for your successful life and hope you won't mind for my comment.I have been reading all your post and I got to say it's splendiferous sis.
    @Happytostayconnected

    ReplyDelete

Read our comment Policy to know your rights & responsibilities before actually leaving a comment for this article.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...