Tuesday, October 27, 2015

IBB 05: Leki Choden of a blog Happiness is where you find it

Leki Choden, a media science student at Sherutse  who blogs at Happiness is where you find it is one of such youthful and inspiring bloggers. The maturity of her vocabulary and flow of her language will be something that every blogger will find reasons to feel jealous of her.
 
                     
She also shares photographic posts which often come better than what professional photographers can do. 

Let us hope that she keeps her passion in both writing and photography well nurtured. There is no doubt she won't grow in them. But before that let us see what she has got to say about her blogging experiences thus far.  
  
1. Welcome to my interview Leki. It’s always an honour to have someone young and aspiring person like you in my blog.
Thank you so much. Truly honored I am for getting an opportunity to write about my blog. I really doubt if a beginner like me can be a source of inspiration. I had you questioned 'Do I even fall in the category?' I truly thank you for having me guided always. I also want to thank you for taking me worth having on such a wonderful forum.

2. In Bhutan, who all are people that you think shouldn’t be blogging?

I think it would be an unhealthy law if certain group or a section of the society were not allowed to blog. Every individual have the right to voice out their thoughts. I would rather say every educated citizen must actively take part in such platforms.

3. How many people you introduced in blogging?
It has only been a year and half since I started blogging. I had tough time coming up with one. Many a times I had it messed up instead. Blogging never was an easy task. Since I had no skill, I could introduce no one into blogging so far. As I keep journeying and refining myself I am hoping to have my friends and relatives presented to the wondrous platform.

4. How do you write in your blog? Is there any time table or something for that?
My blog solely consist of my expressions. I write about happenings in my daily life. I have stories on why I came to Sherubtse. I also keep record of new places I visit. I love photography, as you know it's occupied with pictures, which makes it more of a pictorial blog. I love to capture changing colors of dawn and dusk. I have no time table as such but I try to have it updated as and when possible. The regularity of my post ranges from four to five in a month during the breaks. While in college I struggle to come with a single write up in a month or two.

5. When was the last time that your blog’s page views in a day shocked you?
Honesty, I don't have the habit of checking page views. I did not take a note of it so far. Well, I might have to from now on. More than the page views or the likes, I always had attentive respect to genuine comments on my work. I took in all the remarks by heart. The statements helped me appreciate my own effort and keep on with the task. I worked on to eliminate the flaws and have a better perspective for the next.

6. People say that in blogging if content is king then quality content will be an emperor. What is your view?
I truly believe that a blog must have quality content. A content can be anything only to have the space filled up, while a quality content must be worth the amount of time a reader invest in.  Quality content need not necessarily be a social issue or a debatable subject. Narration of daily activities can equally be one if it can inspire the viewer.

7. When you read blogs of successful bloggers, do you sometimes think of getting registered for some short-term training in blogging?
Unquestionably, successful bloggers inspire me to be better. I truly think I should get registered for some sort of training to make better advancements. In fact I am already planning to get registered for the Voices of the Youth Blogging Internship by UNICEF. It's a three month internship program for young people across the world who will blog at least once a week and participate in online discussions. It would indeed take me to next level, that is, if and only if I get selected.

8. Name one person who inspired you in opening a blog.

If I acknowledge the success of getting the title of blogger to a single person then it is very untrue. I have a number of people who at all times remained very supportive. I had this blog created as part of assignment. No lesser than his lectures Dorji Wangchuk sir’s personal blog had me fascinated. Langa Tenzins creative writings made me feel like it should be more than an assignment. Having stumbled upon Aue Rekha’s blog had me confirmed that I should be a blogger too. Passu Diary, Riku sir, Penstar, Sonam Tenzin, Ugyen Tenzin, Rima madam, Aue Rupa and many others were rays of inspiration. You too have always been there to fix up my page when I had it messed up. You had me motivated to keep moving.

9. When people read your blog articles, how they should think of you?
It is mandatory for a reader to understand that all the writings are based on what I feel. There is no need to relate it with my status or the institution I belong to. What I feel may not be alike to that of a viewer’s expressions but he or she must learn to respect others interpretation.

10. If your little brother wants to open a blog in his own name, what will be your words for him?
I would be glad if the little one wants to open a blog. I would help him in each possible way. I would warn him to be careful about what he write. I will introduce him to a list of senior bloggers. "Blogging is giving an identity to self" would be the only note I would mention for all those who wants to blog. 

Final Words
Thank you Leki for caring us and sharing your inspiring blogging experiences. We hope you'll walk far with it. And my readers, let us keep such a young and inspiring blogger in our circle by following her from her blog or from her Facebook. We don't need any more reasons to remain connected with Leki.    

2 comments:

  1. I am always in love with her photography skills. Thank you Sherab; for bringing her here and letting me to know more about her.
    #Numo Leki, keep writing and keep your passion alive...
    Loads of love, Rupa.
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah you are right Rupa. I often feel jealous of and feel like killing her. Haha joke aside. Her photography skill is praiseworthy. Initially I was wondering whether she must be using high definition camera. But I was told she uses a simple song camera with which she can do like a professional photographer. Keep going Lekey.

    ReplyDelete

Read our comment Policy to know your rights & responsibilities before actually leaving a comment for this article.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...