Monday, February 15, 2016

IBB 10: Interview with Dawa Knight of a blog Thoughts and Works

I have always known Dawa Tamang a.k.a Dawa Knight as a jolly man who can create jokes out of anything. If you happen to be with, I am sure you'll wish you are in luxury of time. Because time flies very fast with him. 

If you are also a regular reader of his blog, you must have observed how he writes - creating jokes out of anything and presenting in a sarcastic manner. I love his writings. 

And in this episode, I have requested him to share his life story in line with his profession of engineering and more importantly in the line of his passion of blogging. Let us go through what he has got to share with us.  

1. Welcome Dawa Tamang. It was nice experience talking with you during our first Bhutanese Bloggers’ Meet. 
Oh my god, do you remember that it happened last year? That was the time when they were discussing about forming CBB. I hope you liked my quirky jokes. Too bad we couldn’t talk much then. I hope we can meet once again. And thanks for interviewing me, I sort of, feel like a celebrity now. 

2. Can you please introduce yourself and your blog assuming none of my readers have come across you and your blog? 
My pen name is Dawa Knight. I started my blog sometimes in 2007. I just share my thoughts and things I am involved in. I write on various topics, topics which I feel like writing about. So far I have written mostly about what I felt like writing, and it involves my confused thoughts and stories. I do share few of my sketches as well. 

3. Who is the Bhutanese blogger you knew for the first time? Did that blogger inspire you to open this blog? 
The first Bhutanese Blogger I came across was Sonam Tobgay who created then popular Facebook group Blogyul. Some times after him, I came to know Lethro who blogs at Leythro’s Journey.  When I was placed in Bajo, I met Aue Passu who is now more than a friend. Gradually I knew people like Aue Lingi Jamthsho, Riku Dhan Subba and Kushal. Now I know quite a number of Bhutanese bloggers. 

4. Blogging can have different definitions for different people. What is blogging actually for you?
I still don’t consider myself as a blogger. It is hard to digest that term and I am not a professional blogger. Blogging to me is just a hobby because I blog when I feel like writing. 

5. When was the last time when somebody who is unknown to you came and started talking about you and your blog?
Well, I was walking with few of my lady friends in Thimphu when a guy walked upon and asked me, aren’t you Dawa Knight? And I was like, yes I am. But he was more of a Facebook friend than someone who maintains his blog. There were also few occasions whereby people I didn’t know ask me whether I was that particular Dawa citing my blog and writings. I have been meeting such new people during various social gatherings. Some people do like what I write, I don’t know why though, because I know my vocabulary sucks big time. 

6. People say that bloggers are thought leaders. Do you have your view on this statement?
I don’t know about bloggers being thought leaders. I guess it’s just that these days many of our folks are on internet. It depends on individuals. Some may like controversial stuff; some love book reviews; some may go for love, break up and moving on etc. You can’t make a person think on what we write unless they like it. 

7. You’re not a full time blogger. Have you ever thought of pursuing blogging as your full time career?
No man. I write because it has got something to do with my passion in writing.

8. Did you receive any formal training on web designing, SEO or online marketing that are very much needed in blogging?
I studied Web Programming in my college as an elective and read few times on putting up ads in blogs. Initially, I did sign up for Amazon and Google ads. But I realized that they were making my blog looks uglier. And some of those ads were that of contraceptive pills. 

9. You are an Engineer by profession and blogger by passion. What are the major challenges you face to balance the two?  
Yes, by passion I love to blog. Like I said before, I blog when I feel like writing. So, there’s no requirement for balancing. I however don’t get time to sketch anymore. Engineering as a profession consumes a lot of personal time. 

10. What are your plans to sustain in blogging unlike other bloggers who posts few articles and quit blogging all together?
I don’t think I will quit blogging now. Maybe someday, I will quit blogging. But as of now, I am good to go. Yes, I am not seen writing much articles now, but I still believe that I am in the game. 

My Words
My readers, if you want to remain in circle with Dawa Tamang a.k.a Dawa Knight reading his satirical articles, please subscribe his blog or follow him in Facebook. He also actively shares such things in Facebook.   

2 comments:

  1. Thank You Sherab for sharing this. Already feeling like a celebrity :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a celebrity in your own way bro.

    ReplyDelete

Read our comment Policy to know your rights & responsibilities before actually leaving a comment for this article.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...