Friday, April 15, 2016

IBB 11: Interview with a blogger from Zhemgang-Sancha Bdr Rai

I have Sancha Bdr Rai in today's IBB episode. He is a teacher by profession and blogger and photographer by passion. He currently serves in Zhemgang Central School as a Chemistry Teacher. 


Out of this interview and answer he has provided therein, it's my expectation that we'll come to know what it takes to be a teacher in one of the remote Dzongkhags and more importantly how he balances teaching profession and blogging passion. 

1. Welcome to my IBB series. Thank you for your time. Can you briefly introduce yourself and your blog?
Thank you for this wonderful opportunity. Well, I am Sancha Bdr Rai, a teacher at Zhemgang Central School. And I maintain a blog, ‘Diary that never tell lies’

2. When did you start blogging? Did the main intention of opening this blog remain same all along for you?
Perhaps, passion for writing in me started as early as when I was in class eight. But, the concept of blogging came to me only in 2010 when I was in college. Since, then I wanted to have one. But it remained poignant as there was nobody who knows how to create one. It was in the year 2014, I started to blog formally. Since, then it remained the same.

3. What is the biggest achievement of yours as being a blogger in Bhutan?
The good part of being a blogger is certainly a success in itself. I get to know people of similar interests. The biggest achievement for me can be for getting this opportunity to share my love for photography and writing with many people. 

4. You also share your excellent photographs in your blog. How can you relate your passion in photography with blogging?
First let me thank you for the compliment. Blogging isn’t only about writing articles and poems. I relate blog in many ways. Blog for me is a total of many stuffs and one certainly being photography. I believe that sometimes certain views can be expressed better through photographs than through writings. 

5. In your opinion, what will be the things people maintaining a blog have that other people don’t have?
It is not necessary for all to go with the blogging to live a life. I must say, it is completely independent process. As a teacher and an amateur blogger, reading and writing always add something new unto me. I have different views to live a life even after my departure from this world. 

6. Some bloggers don’t take pride in having good number of followers. Does number of followers really matter for you?
Of course, at times it determines because it gives a platform for anyone - be it bloggers, writers or artists to showcase their forte. For me they do matter a lot. Having more followers and readers fills a big gap; they are like patrons of my thoughts and works. 

7. What are the factors that you think will determine whether a blog is doing good or not?
Certainly, a good command of language/thoughts, the theme and one’s writing techniques would definitely earn more remit. 

8. Name one Bhutanese who used to be an active blogger in past but now no more into serous blogging? 
I cannot remember exactly but there are few. 

9. No one is perfect in this world. So is the case with bloggers. What is the biggest mistake you have committed in your blogging journey?
I think I did not commit any mistakes as such. But there are few clashes with my wife for not being able to give her time. As a blogger or photographers, we get less time for families or loved ones. This is the case with me and this is one big challenge for me as a blogger and a lover of photography. But I am managing it well. 

10. We often fall prey to writers’ block – where we often run out of topics to write in our blogs. What are the sources of blogging topics for you?
This is very certain for all. Perhaps, same happens with me. When I go empty I think of filing up the gap with few photographs. Moreover, as a teacher there are certainly many topics to write but time is really a factor to consider with lesson plans preparation works. 

My Words
My readers, if you want to remain in circle with Sancha Bdr Rai sharing his life a teacher and a passionate blogger, add him in Facebook, subscribe his blog-Diary that never tell lies. You also shares his photographs which at times come elegant and striking. 

No comments:

Read our comment Policy to know your rights & responsibilities before actually leaving a comment for this article.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...